Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week Three 2011 - People are afraid of what they want, of their desires. They stopped listening to their hearts, to their souls. And now they have their eyes, ears and minds set on whatever is left, whatever is easy to follow - led by the media to live in the shadow of their idols.

I can't imagine what has happened to me. I find myself changing rapidly. A new simplicity is dawning over my already simple mind.

Things I believed in are not making sense to me now and I want to spend less time on being that person and more time on being - just being authentically just merely human. The faithful in me is saying let some of it go, less is more.

If what I let go is important, I might lose myself into an abyss of doubt, or I flounder into a deep oblivion of
worthlessness.

Seriously, those thoughts though are not coming to my mind as I go through the day, only now when I write did they come up and so I write them down. What I feel is lighter, easier, and healthier than anything I have done.

This week I walked through the Malaysian Rainforest. Awe-inspiring is an understatement. You have not seen the earth that God made until you have walked in the shadows of the great rainforest and heard the the overpowering noisy nature and wilderness sing. To say that God is in us, that God is everywhere, is okay, but when you walk in a rainforest, I swear, when you are inside a rainforest you feel like you are inside God.

I am changed, I am growing and I am found.

No comments: