Thursday, August 16, 2018

Enough! Don't send any more clowns

I'm afraid we don't stand up enough. I'm afraid we don't say anything, because we are strapped with fear. 

I'm afraid that a horrible holocaust is happening again and we are oblivious. I'm afraid of our boredom, our lethargic apathy. 

A reporter on TV uses her microphone. "Oh!  Please", I hear her say, "I can't endure another word more of the so called war in Arabia. I'm sorry but it's ridiculous!" I'm afraid it's ridiculous, lady - until it's your family that's the walking dead.  

And just like that she made it clear.  Dearly beloved we are not gathered here today to witness what's happening in full view in the Lands we call Holy. 

And then I'm afraid that someone else will stand up and say something, and we won't hear anything while holding up our cell phone cameras.

We are dumb on our smartphones, dumber with every scroll. I'm afraid we're taking sides, side by side of the heinous, worried that we're not afraid, that we're blinded by our new fashionable words.

A generation on a timeline suspended in our moronic views, looking like deer in the headlights to our grandchildren. 

So please, please someone don't send in any more Clowns, just send us a Prophet now. Ok, if that's too much to ask for, how about you send us that mother we're afraid of who's threat of,  "Stop it, you better not make me come over there,"  will make us listen.

Tasnim Jivaji
June 21st, 2018

No comments: