Friday, August 05, 2011

Week 31 - Lumps that take life

I am told there are lumps in my chest that could kill me.
If there is anything that such a thing can do to you it is to learn whether you are ready to be stuffed in a small space underground with just only yourself there.
I am ready. I want to do this. Why not?
To tell you that I am thinking about those I will leave behind, I would lie a little. Because I am not thinking about them in a way that makes me elevated to them missing me, more me missing their lives.
I am conjuring their old faces, their children's voices, their spouses' hands touching them in ownership, their thoughts engrossed in happiness.
I am not ready because I have a list of things to do that I have not even started on in some ways.
I have tons of lists, this list just might not be ready for me.
So what does it mean? Does it mean I am not destined yet to get to that stuff, or has that stuff just passed me by?

No comments: